Monday, March 28, 2011

Family

"Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness." ~ Isaiah 41:10



 
        We had a wonderful time yesterday hanging out with a large part of our family. We had both Dad and Greg there, which is something that hasn't happened in almost a year. Greg leaves back to Afghanistan on Thursday and Dad will follow the next week. I am so greatful that they were able to spend time with my boys. Riley loves his Poppy and his Uncle Gwegry so very much :) Anytime someone asks, Riley will tell them all about how his Grandpa and Uncle are Superheros in Afghanistan and fly around on helicopters. We pray daily that God will bring them home safely as well as the other soldiers. We are all so very proud of our very own Superheros!
        It was also great to spend time with our extended family. Its amazing to see how much all of the little ones have grown and how much fun they all have together.  I am so thankful that not only do I have a husband, parents, and brothers that I'm close with, but I also have uncles, aunts, and cousins too. Although Riley may not be sure exactly how he is related to everyone, he knows that he and his family are loved by so many people--even if he is the wild little boy of the group.
      God is so good to me and my family. We are so blessed.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment