Monday, March 28, 2011

Praying God's Word - March 27-April 2

Topic: As a saint who sins

Scripture:  In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires.  Romans 6:11&12

What God taught me: As we all know, no one is perfect and no matter how hard we try, we will all sin. When I first read this verse, I immediately became scared, because I knew I would be taking a long, hard look at myself, and most likely would focus on the negatives. To my surprize, God lead me to not focus on the sin, but instead, His grace. At first, I became more aware of just how much grace God has for me and others. If God can forgive Peter for denying him, then he can forgive me for my moments of weakness. As the week continued on, I found myself looking more at the grace I have for others. Sometimes I struggle with bitterness and grudges, but God helped me release my frustrations. No matter what wrongs have been committed around me or against me, I need to show the same grace that God has shown me. After all, we are all the children of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment