Monday, March 28, 2011

Praying God's Word - One Week @ a Time


So I came across a blog today that has inspired me to take a new journey with my prayer life. Although my relationship with God has grown tremendously through prayer in the past few months, it is still not where I want it to be. I still strugle in my daily talk with God. I find myself being repetitive, losing focus, or becoming overwhelmed. Now a new cyber-friend has shown me a new approach to my conversations with God.

The way it works is I have made a list of prayer topics with scriptures to go with each topic. Some of these I borrowed from others, and some I've come up with myself. At the beginning of the month, I'll chose the topics and scriptures for each weak and write them on my calendar. Some topics may seem out of place at first, but in His way, God will use them to move me. Each week, I'll post what my topic and scripture is for that week. Then at the end of the week, I'll come back and write about what God has taught me through scripture and prayer. I plan on blogging about my new journey for three reasons: 1) to help keep myself motivated and accountable. If others are reading it and praying for me, I'll have to stick with it 2) to ask for prayers from those who love me as I grow in Christ and 3) in hope that maybe I can inspire or help someone the way that the original blog has done for me.

Please feel free to join with me at any time, and please pray for me along the way. Also, feel free to write comments of encouragement or prayer requests.

"He came as a witness to testify concerning the light, so that through him all men might believe."
                                                                                              - John 1:7

No comments:

Post a Comment