Monday, April 11, 2011

Praying God's Word


Week April 3rd-9th

Topic: Praying for Shad as a provider

Scripture: "And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 3:19

What God taught me: When I think about Shad being the "provider" of our family, I tend to limit myself to the typical thoughts of money, home, food...the necessities of life. But this week, I was reminded that yes, Shad provides all of these things for us, but he provides so much more. He provides guidance, love, support, friendship, security... he is the backbone and the support of this family, and without everything he provides, this family would not work. I also realized just how much Shad provides for others. I know he is great at his job, but it truly is his calling. He provides young men with guidance and motivation to reach levels they previously were unaware they could accomplish. I am thankful to God for blessing me with Shad as my provider.

This week: April 10th-16th

Topic: Praying for my boys' minds

Scripture: "Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." -Colossians 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment