Monday, April 25, 2011


Snippet Week April 17th-23rd

Topic: Praying for me as a mommy

Scripture: "Love the LORD your GOD with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." ~ Deuteronomy 6:5-7

What God taught me: As I read this verse to prepare my heart this week, at first I was very hopeful because I thought surely my boys see this in me. I was overwhelmed to know that the more I paid attention to my conversations with Riley, the more he seemed to be talking about God and Jesus regularly. As we go different places, he is asking more and more if God or Jesus is there with us. When I tell him yes, he has started replying, "Ok, just checking." He talks about how he wants to see Jesus and he wants to go to Heaven. I know that that there are many more conversations to tackle as the boys grow up, but I'm thankful to God for giving me a little boy with a big heart that is so open to learning more. I'm thankful to God for helping me lay the most importantt foundation in my boys hearts and minds.

Week April 24th-30

Topic: Praying for our family to use our minds of Christ

Scripture: "The spiritual man makes judgements about all things but he himself is not subject to any man's judgement. "For who has known the mind of the LORD that he may instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ." 1 Corinthians 2:15-16.

No comments:

Post a Comment